[Mailman-Users] Re: Uncaught runner exception: unknown encoding

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Sep 5 17:36:22 CEST 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:05:58 +0200
Zoran Dzelajlija wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > FWIW, I've checked email/Charsets.py and it does have a gb2312 entry
> If you look carefully, you can see there's a typo in that file, line
> 109, where it says "gb2132" not "gb2312".  

Good eye!  CHARSETS has gb2312, while CODEC_MAPS has gb2132.  All looked
good as I only saw the first one.

> If you fix that, you then get
> Uncaught runner exception: unknown encoding: eucgb2312_cn 
> which is admittedly not much better. :-)

Agreed.  I've had qrunner stop running a couple of times, which brings
my mailing lists to a crashing halt.  I've been looking at the error log
for hints about what's wrong.  Whatever can be done to make qrunner more
reliable is a plus!

> I for myself don't care as we have no Chinese lists on my
> installation, so I did not bother with installing the additional
> codecs.  I just assume it's all spam, and delete the shunted messages
> in gb2312 every now and then.

I don't have any asian languages either.  I'm tempted to try spam
filtering the incoming messages.  However since the lists are for a spam
filter (bogofilter), incoming messages can say "look at this spammy

Of course, spam filtering for non-subscribers would be ideal.  I just
need to figure out where to do it.



More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list