[Mailman-Users] Re: couple quick questions - mailman on obsd

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Mon Sep 6 04:22:38 CEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:18:55AM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 04:57:50PM -0700, Will Yardley wrote:

> > add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
> >
> > yet messages that are sent out still reference localhost.my.domain.

> Did you create the list(s) before configuring the
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in your mm_cfg.py?  (Is the "Host name this
> list prefers for email" on the General Options page set
> correctly?

Ahh.. nope. I knew that changes there wouldn't override the values set
for lists, but I thought (because of the behavior of "DEFAULT_URL") that
it wasn't necessary to rebuild the list configs in this case if the
default hadn't been specifically overridden for the list itself..

Recreating the list fixed it for me.

> > Also, I should know this one, but what is needed for Apache (1.3.29) to
> > recognize the stuff in cgi-bin/ as executable without the .cgi
> > extension? I don't see anything weird in the Apache config on a FreeBSD

> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

Ahh - so just doing
ServerAlias / /usr/local/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
does the trick.

Thanks much.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."