[Mailman-Users] Membership Reminder Fails

Speedy Gonzalis SpeedyGonzalis at softhome.net
Tue Sep 7 16:43:20 CEST 2004

We have about 600 list running on a RH Linux box with Postfix and Mailman 2.1.4.

Since we have upgraded to the new version from v2.0.8 we have no been able to successfully send a monthly membership reminder to our entire membership.  It has bombed at various points during the run.  Below is an error I got when trying to run it the last time.  It looks like it has something to do with languages, and I have seen some "UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)" errors in the logs from time to time as well.

Can someone put me on track to getting this fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/cron/mailpasswds", line 238, in ?
  File "/var/mailman/cron/mailpasswds", line 218, in main
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py", line 35, in set_language
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/gettext.py", line 248, in translation
    t = _translations.setdefault(key, class_(open(mofile, 'rb')))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/gettext.py", line 106, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/gettext.py", line 180, in _parse
    k, v = item.split(':', 1)
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size