[Mailman-Users] 2.1.[45]: config.db.last not found

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Sep 9 09:28:42 CEST 2004

also sprach Jim Tittsler <jwt at onjapan.net> [2004.09.09.0920 +0200]:
> They both look like "empty" pickles.  Mailman's bin/dumpdb doesn't
> show any objects marshalled in either config.pck (and in fact od
> says the files are full of zeroes).

Oh no! This is so weird, and in fact, it's propagated over all
backups. The server had an uptime of about 70 days and most of the
lists were created during that period. It always worked until we
took it down. Now I lost some serious data...

> Is your Python installation (and its cPickle module) healthy?

How would I know?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"memory is like an orgasm.
 it's a lot better
 if you don't have to fake it."
                          -- seymour cray commenting on virtual memory

"but virtual memory still gets the job done."
                                                                 -- gr