[Mailman-Users] AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'append'

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Fri Sep 10 22:07:07 CEST 2004

Anyone?

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:01:28 -0700
Peter Hessler <phessler at theapt.org> wrote:

:I updated the version of Python that I have, to deal with a security
:update, and one of my mailing lists died on me.  I properly stopped mailman
:(with`mailmanctl -q stop`), then upgraded Python.  After that, I recompiled
:Mailman and started it again.  The rest of my mailing lists are working
:just fine, its just openbsd-newbies that is broken.  Searching the archives
:shows several other users with similar issues, but no replies.  Any
:attempts at using mailman tools to poke and prod at the broken list gives
:me the same errors.
:
:OpenBSD -current, using Python and Mailman from ports.  Python 2.3.4 and
:Mailman 2.1.5.
:
:$ /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/update
:...
:Updating mailing list: sfobug
:CHRIS: /var/spool/mailman/lists/sfobug/config.pck
:Updating the held requests database.
:- updating old private mbox file
:    looks like you have a really recent CVS installation...
:    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran me
:- updating old public mbox file
:    looks like you have a really recent CVS installation...
:    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran me
:Fixing language templates: sfobug
:
:Updating mailing list: openbsd-newbies
:CHRIS: /var/spool/mailman/lists/openbsd-newbies/config.pck
:Traceback (most recent call last):
:  File "/usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/update", line 780, in ?
:    errors = main()
:  File "/usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/update", line 670, in main
:    errors = errors + dolist(listname)
:  File "/usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/update", line 192, in dolist
:    mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
:  File "/usr/local/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__
:    self.Load()
:  File "/usr/local/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 594, in Load
:    dict, e = self.__load(file)
:  File "/usr/local/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 567, in __load
:    dict = loadfunc(fp)

--
It is not enough to succeed.  Others must fail.
		-- Gore Vidal