[Mailman-Users] new-confirmed members getting a "Members ModeratorAuthentication " screen

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Sep 13 01:07:36 CEST 2004

Bob Branch wrote:

>I have my privacy options set at "Confirm and approve" on version 2.1.5.
>The problem is:
>After a new member replies to the confirmation message, they get another email
>requesting that they go to an address that is the  "Members Moderator
>Authentication" screen, and it asks them for the Moderators password.
>I have searched the archives and FAQ for any information on what is wrong but
>found nothing.
>Any ideas what I have set wrong.

Are you sure that the second message is going to the subscriber? There
should be a second message as you describe, but it should go to the
owner or moderator of the list, not to the potential subscriber. When
you set "Confirm and approve" the subscription request must first be
confirmed by the subscriber and then approved by the owner or
moderator.

Perhaps you are testing and the mail to the owner/moderator is ending
up at the same place as mail to the subscriber.