[Mailman-Users] OutgoingRunner Failing

Sean sean at sweetbourbon.com
Wed Sep 15 14:03:57 CEST 2004

> Hi all,
>
> I have the OutgoingRunner process failing quite regularly, and this has
> resulted in a build up of mail in the qfiles/out directory.  How do I
> find out what is going on in this process for it to be failing like
> this?

I experienced the same problem running Mailman 2.1.5 on a FreeBSD 4.6 box.
I couldn't find anything telling in the logs.  I upped the number of times
that the qrunner would restart from 10 to 50.  Still had the problem
occur.  Now I have a cron job restart mailman every 4 hours.   Nothing
backs up in the outgoing directory now and I haven't notice any residual
problems from this change.

This doesn't get to the source of the problem though. :(  I figured it
might be something with the content of the messages but with hundreds of
lists running on 4 different servers it isn't something easily tracked
down.  Additionally no other mailman users complained about it until now.

Sean