[Mailman-Users] Posts being moderated when they shouldn't

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 24 03:14:23 CEST 2004

At 9:46 AM -0500 2004-09-23, Chris Barnes wrote:

>  I have done everything I can think of to get these messages to go
>  through without requiring moderator approval, but I am obviously missing
>  something.  What is "implicit destination" and how do I get it to just
>  process the message?

	Implicit destination just means that someone sent a copy of the
message with the list as a blind-carbon-copy recipient.  Since
Mailman can't find the name of the list anywhere on the "To:" or
"Cc:" header lines, it figures that this message is probably spam and
hands it off to the moderator.

	If you want to allow this kind of dangerous behaviour, then using
the web admin interface for the list in question, under the "Privacy
options..." section, go down to "Recipient filters", and change the
first radio button to "No".  This radio button is labeled:

		Must posts have list named in destination (to, cc) field
		(or be among the acceptable alias names, specified below)?

	And should have a link to a small page describing just what this
option is for.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755