[Mailman-Users] Help on privacy options !?!

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Fri Sep 24 04:25:02 CEST 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 05:37:47PM +0200, m.aalbregt at hccnet.nl wrote:
> So I was wondering if you can tell Mailman to automatically
> except mail from non-list members, but who are listmembers
> from the other 2 lists, in the Privacy section. Of course
> non-list members who are not member of any of the other 2
> lists should not be able to post.

If you are willing to experiment, I've made a patch available
that adds this capability.  You can specify '@listb' in the
'accept_these_nonmembers' field of lista to allow members of
listb to post to lista.  (A leading '@' is taken to introduce
a second list's name.  Avoid making lista depend on listb and
at the same time listb depend on lista.)

This has been very lightly tested on a low volume server over
the past couple of days, but it hasn't broken in an obvious way
yet.  You are welcome to try it and report problems (or
successes).

  http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#listinclusion
  http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/listinclusion.diff

--