[Mailman-Users] Compiling Mailman with --with-mail-gid

Miguel Ferreira mferreira at dsi.uminho.pt
Fri Sep 24 18:37:42 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm having huge problems getting mailman 2.1.5 to work in my system (Red Hat
9).
The problem has to do with the user sendmail uses to execute mailman.
Sending mail to an existing list returns the following error:

----- Transcript of session follows ----- Group mismatch error. Mailman
expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the
system's mail server executed the mail script as group "mail". Try tweaking
the mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mail'.

I have configured and compiled mailman with with-mail-gid=mail but nothing
good came out from that. The system still returns the same error...

Am I missing something here?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

- -