[Mailman-Users] Email command upgrade

demo macangels at spamcop.net
Sat Sep 25 13:27:02 CEST 2004

Hi

Just some humble feedback on the response message;

This is one area where I find users fall over and die and the complexity of
the response and don't know what to do. [ And it is usually normal users
that are trying to use it to unsubscribe ]. It is very techie.

Little things might help, like a few actual examples, so that something like
[address=<address>] means something to them, and spaces between the " < > "
or " [ ] " so they are not confronted by strange signs. [] looks like a box.

I am not a coder and so cannot help I am afraid but may be an upgrade would
be to autogenerate an email with a series of clickable links that generate
emails that work with the given addresses.

... with unsubscribe *RIGHT* up the top!

Have not worked out where to customise this myself yet but my 2c worth of
thanks,

MA