[Mailman-Users] A funny thing happened while using mail man.

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Apr 1 13:27:04 CEST 2005

At 11:45 PM -0800 2005-03-31, Heather Madrone wrote:

>  Although it is amazing the number of people who can get themselves
>  on a double opt-in Mailman list with unsubscribe links everywhere
>  they turn and still send "GET ME OFF THIS STUPID LIST OR
>  ELSE!" messages to the whole list.

	That's certainly true.

	Or the people who see the word "mailman" somewhere in the
messages that they're receiving, so they come and threaten legal
action against us because we're "obviously" the one and only source
for anything in the world that ever gets labeled "mailman", even
though the message pretty clearly says what domain is hosting it,
etc....

	Do you ever wonder why Barry can sometimes be hard to get hold
of?  Or why he has set up an auto-responder that tells people he
can't do anything to unsubscribe them from mailing lists that we
don't run?

	Yeesh.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755