[Mailman-Users] having trouble with installation

Jeff MacDonald bignose at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:38:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I got mailman set up now such that I do not see any errors in my
apache error logs when i create a new list. Postmap and Postalias are
run just fine.

However, the file virtual-mailman is completly empty when i add new
lists. the aliases file get's updated with all of the new entries tho.

Consequently when ever I attempt to send mail to mylist at mydomain.ca it
gets bounced cause postfix doesn't know anything about it.

My postfix main.cf points to mailman thusly..

local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
$virtual_alias_maps hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

However there is no mention of the file virtual-mailman in mm_cfg.py
or defaults.py , only so much as to say this is what POSTFIX_MAP_CMD
expects to see.. [defaults.py]

I'm [---] this close to having it working i know it.

Thanks.

--
Jeff MacDonald
http://www.halifaxbudolife.ca