[Mailman-Users] How can our MM site admin see unadvertised lists via web interface?

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Wed Aug 10 00:35:37 CEST 2005

Even to the site admins?  Was it always like that?  I was chatting with another
admin here today, and for some reason, we seem to remember the site admin being
able to see all lists via the web interface... mind you, that's when we were
running MM about 2-3 years ago, and we just might be remembering something else.

(We haven't run MM for a while now but are restarting the service and are trying
to catch up.)

Is there a reason why the design of Mailman doesn't allow for the web interface
to display _all_ lists for a Mailman site admin only?  I would think that would
be a good feature to have, in that, if I wanted to configure lists remotely as
the site admin (as opposed to a list admin), I'd want to see the names of all
the lists, advertised or not.

Thanks for your reply.

Steve