[Mailman-Users] Welcome Email

Bob Morgan morgan at websquad.com
Thu Aug 18 04:15:20 CEST 2005

I'm trying to configure a simple one-way mailing list whereby the members
do not get instructions or encouragement to post, all but the administrator
are "moderated", passwords are not required, names are encouraged, and both
web pages associated with the list are highly customized.

I've accomplished all of this (with some help from you folks); however, the
final piece in the puzzle that has me stumped is the "welcome letter" that
new subscribers get: it has the "welcome" message that I configured on the
mailing list administration page; however, it also has (a) how to post, (b)
general information (which now is limited to name/Email address for new
subscribers), (c) the subscription page (d) the mailing list request
address (which I don't want members to use), and (e) the password (which
members don't need).

Is there any why to get rid of (a) - (e)?  I know I can add a disclaimer in
"welcome" message, but I want to keep the whole thing short because most of
the members are on dial-up and get charged per character transmitted.  One
limitation is that I do not have command prompt access on my shared server,
and I have no access to the Mailman code.

Thanks,

Bob Morgan