[Mailman-Users] confirm for one list errors, other list works

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri Aug 19 06:15:17 CEST 2005

On 2005-08-19 00:01, Anne Ramey wrote:
> I added a new list to my mailman yesterday (cplist), and copied the
> config over from another list (mbalist).  Subscribe comfirmations to
> cplist fail if you reply to the mail with "Invalid confirmation
> string:", but the link inside the mail works fine.  The reply to the
> subscribe confirmation for the other list (mbalist) works fine.  I'm
> using mailman 2.1 on linux.  Any idea what might be causing this?

Do the confirmation requests come from cplist-request at example.com?

Did you remember to create the cplist aliases?  (Especially the
cplist-request alias pointing at "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman
request cplist" and not mbalist.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/