[Mailman-Users] Virtual host not working?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 23 01:53:40 CEST 2005

Steven J. Sobol wrote:
>I've tried
>(this is what my mm_cfg.py currently contains) -- and I've even tried
>changing the defaults in Defaults.py --
>and Mailman still insists on sending out mail as listname at spamcon.org.

Much of what VIRTUAL_HOSTS is used for is to get the lists host_name
attribute at list CREATION time. Changing VIRTUAL_HOSTS does not
change any attributes (e.g. host_name and web_page_url) of any
existing lists. After making changes to VIRTUAL_HOSTS (or
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN), you generally need to run fix_url to change
existing lists. Run

for instructions.

If all you want to change is the e-mail host for a list and not the web
URL, you can change this on the list's General options page - it's the
host_name attribute. It is probably spamcon.org - change it to