[Mailman-Users] Moved mailman, not arhchiving

David Clark dmclarkici at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:43:09 CEST 2005

On Aug 24, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> David Clark wrote:
>>
>> The only difference that I can find is that the db for the new list
>> has the "sticky bit" on..
>>

> Do you really mean the "sticky bit" or are you confusing that with the
> setgid bit? Setgid is the "s" in the 'group' position (sticky is the
> "s" in the 'other' position) and is important. If you can, run
> 'bin/check_perms -f' as root until it stops reporting errors. This may
> help.
Err, sorry  I misspoke -- I'm no unix guru. A non-working list shows:
drwxrwx---    2 root     mailman      4096 Aug  2 14:54 database
Vs the working list that shows:
drwxrws---    2 mailman  mailman      4096 Aug 24 15:46 database

Running check_perms gives no errors..

> Do you see any errors in Mailman's 'error' log\?
Not a one.

I am "this close" to exporting the user lists, removing the list, and
re-adding it.