[Mailman-Users] Problem with cgi-bin files

Will Twomey termina at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:22:39 CEST 2005

I'm using Debian testing, with Postfix 2.x

I installed mailman via apt-get, as well as postfix. Apache2 was
installed from source.

I use virtual domains (which are defined in a mysql database, along
with the users) in postfix.

Mailman is working quite well, except that many of my cgi-bin files
don't seem to work. (I can send and recieve mail, and mailman sends
out emails just fine to people in my lists)

I added, in httpd.conf:
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

And now I can access http://servername.com/mailman/admin/csc (csc = list name)

I can get past the password prompt, and see the General Information,
but when I click on any link in there, I get 'The document contains no
data'. I changed apache user/group from nobody to www-data (so mailman
would work with it).

/var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin has the following permissions
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root list 24 Aug 25 12:56 cgi-bin -> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman

The files in that directory all have the following permissions
-rwxr-sr-x  1 root list 6276 May 28 06:54 admin

I'm confused why some pages load fine, and others do not.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

-Will