[Mailman-Users] Questions on 'List Renaming' & Misc.

Joe Espinoza j.espinoza.usa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:31:27 CEST 2005

Regarding an earlier question on changing the headers;

I guess something similar can be achieved by;

- Changing the name of the list, to something less obvious

- Enabling the 'Moderated' option for all users by default, so that
way anyone that attempts to post to the list...will not be able to. It
will sit in queue instead and wait for me to release it

Does this sound ok? Is there a better way to achieve something like
this? What are your thoughts?

Also, can I easily "change the name of the list" from the Mailman UI
or do I have to
create a new one?

One more thing, since I'm still a big n00be on email related stuff;

What are the advantages of setting up a mailing list such as this,
instead of copying and pasting tons of email addresses in the 'bcc'
field?

I've noticed that when I have done the 'copy & paste' method, I get
delivery failures/bounce messages, because I'm sending to way too many
recipients. Is this one way how a mailing list provides a greater
advantage? Just sending to one email address instead of many?

Sincerely,

J.