[Mailman-Users] Emails with a Subject in Chinese to a Mailing List

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Sat Aug 27 03:04:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

    We've encountered this issue, and (long story shorter) it is fixed in
Mailman 2.1.6 if you install the codecs for Python (I believe they come
with Python 2.4).

    This issue works now for me on a Mailman 2.1.6 test box.  IF you are
still having difficulty after looking into the codecs for Python, send me
an email and I'll look more into what I did (this seems like a while ago).
I believe the codecs are mentioned in the mailman FAQ actually.

Thanks - Ivan.