[Mailman-Users] emailhost vs urlhost

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Aug 29 19:27:41 CEST 2005

Michael Schaarwaechter wrote:

>I had to configure different DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST from DEFAULT_URL_HOST.
>That works for the lists and for the admin pages of the lists. It
>doesn't work for the general overview pages like /mailman/admin and
>/mailman/listinfo. The link on the admin page to the listinfo page and
>vice versa contains the email_host, not the url_host.
>
>Bug or feature? ;-)

I think it is a bug. If I am correct, it only appears when
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW is set Off in mm_cfg.py. In this case, assuming
the deprecated DEFAULT_HOST_NAME is not set, Utils.get_domain()
returns DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST instead of DEFAULT_URL_HOST.

This is not an issue for list specific pages as they use the list
attribute web_page_url.

I have submitted this to the bug tracker. See
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1275856&group_id=103&atid=100103