[Mailman-Users] I'm getting a 95% mass bounce action

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 30 01:31:58 CEST 2005

David Spake wrote:

>Here is one of the notices (with the email address of the 'notified'
>person xx'd out):
>
>--
>     Reason:     Excessive or fatal bounces.
>The triggering bounce notice is attached below.
>Questions? Contact the Mailman site administrator at
>mailman at heartlandhumanists.org.
>--
>
>I've got the headers, and I don't see a Deliver Status Notification
>specific one.  There are a few MailMan headers, but not that specific one.

It's not a header. It's the triggering bounce notice which is another
e-mail message attached to the one above.

<snip>

>I get at the bottom of the bounce notification a copy of the email that
>caused the member to be bounced.  Here are a few of the headers:

>To:  "HH talk" <hh_talk at heartlandhumanists.org>
>
>This is the URL:
>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167235,00.html
>
>That's it.  No other message, or text.  Just the URL.

The copy of the original message is attached to or included in the
"triggering bounce notice". Somewhere between the first material you
quote and the copy of the original message, there should be the reply
from your outgoing MTA or the recipient's MTA indicating why the post
wasn't delivered. That's the information that will help diagnose the
problem.