[Mailman-Users] Uncaught bounce notifications

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Thu Dec 1 18:57:07 CET 2005

Hello,

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:25, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Darren G Pifer wrote:

> What is the sender (original poster) receiving, and why do you think it
> is coming from your sendmail and not, for example, the bouncing
> recipient's MTA?

Here is the message, as forwarded to me by the list owner on behalf of
the sender. I have changed the listname with LIST. This could be the
case where the sender was using a MS Outlook client, as pointed out by
the FAQ. If more information is needed, I will have to get the sender to
provide the full headers of the message.

                        mailman-bounces at l
                          ist.odu.edu

                          11/27/2005 11:30 LIST-owner at list.odu.edu
                          PM cc
                                                                                                                                      Subject

Uncaught bounce notification

The attached message was received as a bounce, but either the bounce
format was not recognized, or no member addresses could be extracted
from it. This mailing list has been configured to send all
unrecognized bounce messages to the list administrator(s).

For more information see: http://list.odu.edu/admin/LIST/bounce

----- Message from ... <user at odu.edu> on Sun, 27 Nov 2005
23:30:28 -0500 -----

                To: LIST-bounces at list.odu.edu