[Mailman-Users] remove_members --fromall -f

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 1 20:15:35 CET 2005

Xiaoyan Ma wrote:

>But I am having trouble with
>
>../bin/remove_members --fromall -f /tmp/class04

What specific trouble?

>I found a patch by Marc Merlin back in 2001 which adds a special list name: _alllists_

Where did you find it? Are you talking about patch number 413257 in the
tracker at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=413257&group_id=103&atid=300103>?

>I was wondering:
>
>1. With Mailman 2.1.5, can I run remove_members --fromall with -f (file containing subscriber
>email addresses)? --  I know we can get around using shell script to feed one address at a time.

Yes, you should be able to do that. It should produce one line of
output like

"User `%(addr)s' removed from list: %(listname)s."

for each address removed from each list.

>2. Are patches normally included  into the newer version of Mailman?

Some are and some aren't. If the patch is in the tracker with status
'closed' and resolution 'accepted', then most likely, yes. Also see
the comments in the patch's entry in the tracker. E.g., the one in the
tracker entry for 413257 that says