[Mailman-Users] Undeliverable mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 8 00:45:00 CET 2005

Elvis Fernandes wrote:

>When I send an email to the mail list unix_sysadmin, I get the following
>msg:
>
>Your message was not delivered to the following recipients:
>
>unix_sysadmin at utc80.am.com: <unix_sysadmin at utc80.am.necel.com:> 550
>5.7.1 <unix_sysadmin at utc80.am.com>
><unix_sysadmin at utc80.am.necel.com>... Relaying denied
>
>Howevre, when I login to the above mailman server box "utc80" and send
>an email to unix_sysadmin, I do receive the email.
>
>Could someone tell me what is going on, and how I could fix it?

The MTA that originated that message is being asked to deliver a
message received from a source outside its local domain to a
destination also outside it's local domain and has been configured not
to allow that.

This is an MTA configuration issue (or perhaps a DNS issue or possibly
Mailman using a non-local outgoing MTA issue). It is not clear to me
whether Mailman is even involved here. Does this message come on
attempt to post that doesn't even reach the list or an attempt to
deliver from the list?