[Mailman-Users] mailman going down

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 9 02:19:29 CET 2005

Manuel Kissoyan wrote:

>Just in case if this could help, loged in in SSH it showing:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
>    qrunner.run()
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 70, in run
>    filecnt = self._oneloop()
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 99, in _oneloop
>    msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 143, in dequeue
>    fp = open(filename)
>IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/qfiles/virgin/1134077045.176533+00632c22397f1e7b8c7b1fc80c3166dcdb1227b3.pck'
<snipped two more similar tracebacks>

It is unlikely that this is related to your problem below. This is
saying a queue entry for a Mailman generated message (not a list post,
but something like an owner notification or some other message created
by Mailman) was processed and is now being removed from the queue, but
it was already removed. Are multiple sets of Qrunners running?

See below for more.

>  i have a server running mailman, one of our clients were having problems, every week his mailing list were going down, we checked everything and we have found nothing, the rest of the accounts mailing lists wrer running without problem.
>  So we decided move him to another server, note this server never had any mailman problem, now after a week we moved him his mailing list gone down again, could any corruption in his mailing list cause this? I havent found any error that show me what is the exact problem in the logs.
>  Anyone had this problem before? any solution?

What do you mean by "going down"? What are the specific symptoms? What
do you do to "bring it back up"?