[Mailman-Users] unsubscribe without confirmation

Stubbs Jeff jstubbs456 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:44:34 CET 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 5:01 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Sintz, James wrote:
>>
>> I understand the purpose of the confirmation, I just want the
>> ability to turn it off. It is okay if users get unsubscribed from
>> my list because of a spooked request.
>>

> If you really want to do it, I think the attached patch will allow it.
>
> Warning - this is untested, use at your own risk.
>

> <e-mail_unsub_wo_confirm.patch.txt>
confirmation" solution for a single list (out of a dozen or so), when
I ran across Mark's patch from July of this year. I'm still low on
mailman's learning curve and python isn't my strong point. So I have
a quick question.

The environment is Mac OS X 10.4.3 client, Postfix 2.2.5, Mailman 2.1.6

If I interpreted the patch and cmd_unsubscribe.py correctly, this
patch affects the entire Mailman installation, correct?

Since most of the other lists are used for press releases for our
clients, I could live with this "feature". I have bounce processing
set to 1.0 to disable subscriptions quickly for bad addresses.

In short, just a newbie, asking if there is water below before
jumping off the cliff. <grin>

Jeff Stubbs

IT Support
Altman-Hall Advertising