[Mailman-Users] removing a post before digest

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 20 17:48:34 CET 2005

Mister Time wrote:

>is there a simple method that I can remove a post before a digest is
>triggered and not having it appear on the archives?

It's already in the archives by the time you see it. See
for info about removal.

You can edit the lists/list_name/digest.mbox file before the digest is
produced and remove the post. This will keep it out of the digest.

To do this safely, first stop mailman (bin/mailmanctl stop), then edit
digest.mbox, then start mailman. This will prevent additional posts
from being processed while you're editing and perhaps being lost from
the digest. It will also prevent a digest being triggered by size.

To prevent a periodic digest, remove the senddigests entry from
mailman's crontab.

>Can this be done from the admin interface?

>also, is there a way to stop a digest from being released until I do this?

See above.