[Mailman-Users] Released: Mailman 2.1.7b1

John W. Baxter jwblist at loricamail.com
Thu Dec 29 18:49:04 CET 2005

On 12/25/05 11:57 PM, "Ralf Hildebrandt" <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>
wrote:

> * John W. Baxter <jwblist at loricamail.com>:
>
>> It doesn't look folded correctly in Ralf's message as received here.  I
>> don't see whitespace after the CR LF.  Thus the second part isn't a proper
>> continuation of the header.
>
> Oh, correct. I didn't notice this either. Good point!!
>
>> This lack of white space could, of course, be an artifact of the tortured
>> path the header has traveled to reach my screen.

Ralf, it would be useful to know what version of Python you are using with
Mailman.

As I read CookHeaders.py, the relevant code there looks right with respect
to folding headers, but it is subject to correct behavior in the str()
operation applied to an email.Header object.  That is, the
email.Header.encode() function.  This code has greatly changed between
Python 2.3 and 2.4, and I'd rather not work on understanding both forms.

  --John