[Mailman-Users] moderator flag for new users turned off

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 14:01:41 CET 2005

Hi

I appear to have a problem with mailman. Today, 5 messages were sent to
the whole list which appear to be related to subscription confirmation
messages. The first was a confirmation message,
	[Smtlinfo] Fw: confirm 16566a786346f795c9a977f70b61568a613e3875
the rest were
	"Re: [Smtlinfo] Fw: confirm 16566a786346f795c9a977f70b61568a613e3875"

[I have changed the confirmation code].

These messages are being sent to the whole list (the list was,I thought,
moderated!).

Having looked at the postfix logs, nothing strange appesared to be going
on. However, when I looked at the mailman admin screen for the list, I
noted that the flag for moderating all mail for new members in the
Privacy Options screen had been set to NO. I have reset this to YES and
in the membership screen turned on moderation for all members.

My question is:

   Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and can they give me a hint to
   track the problem down ?

I am running mailman-2.1.4-83.13 on Suse enterprise server.  I performed
an Online Update with SLES about 2 weeks ago, and I *think* it upgraded
mailman at the time (I'm not sure though) but the problem only surfaced
yesterday afternoon.

Many thanks,
Pete

--