[Mailman-Users] Upgrade problems from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Fri Dec 30 22:05:46 CET 2005

I had 2 problems which I finally discoved by following
through on the error messages:

1)  I had stopped the web server and sendmail, but forgot
    to stop mailman.  Duhhhh.

2)  I discovered a problem with ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
    It had a line in it

        QUEUE_DIR   = '/var/spool/mailman/qfiles'

    but the actual qfiles were in a different location
    so I made the following substitution.

        QUEUE_DIR   = '/opt/mailman/qfiles'

     The update program was using this file name which
     was causing a problem.

That seemed to make things happy.

paulw