[Mailman-Users] where do i clear out the "mailman queue?"

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 5 20:10:30 CET 2005

Flip Side wrote:

>This is what i've done:
>-I have cleared out the outgoing messages from the
>postfix queue.
>
>-I have stopped the mailman service using
>/bin/mailmanclt stop command.
>
>What I'd like to do:
>
>-I would like to make delete the bounces or perhaps
>move them out of the "queue" so I can re-start
>mailman?
>
>-I am worried if i re-start the service that the
>bounces will go back out to the list.
>
>-I might be paranoid right now, but I just don't want
>to mess things up further.
>
>Can someone help to make sure i've covered all my
>bases and cleaned up my mess appropriately.

All messages queued within Mailman are in the subdirectories (queues)
within the qfiles/ directory. The queues you'd be most concerned about
are in and out and maybe retry. If you delete or move aside all the
files in those queues, the messages will effectively be gone and not
processed further by Mailman.