[Mailman-Users] Permission problems during new setup ([Errno 13] Permission denied)

Kirk Roybal kirk at gpccx.com
Mon Feb 7 10:08:45 CET 2005

FWIW, I just solved the problem for myself by changing the owner of

/var/lib/mailman/logs/error

To the user apache

I left the group owner "mail".

Apache (who was writing to the log at the time of the error) seems to be
happy with this.  Also, logrotate and msec seem to continue to work fine.

This is on a Mandrake 10.1/Mailman installation out of the box.

I also tried changing the permissions of the same file to 660, but msec
seems to come by every now and again and clobber the change.  It does not
come by and clobber the owner.

Kirk