[Mailman-Users] security heads up - path traversal with 2.1.5

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Mon Feb 14 13:32:47 CET 2005

At 1:24 PM +0100 2005-02-14, Florian Weimer wrote:

>  Who has a say in the disclosure of a security bug?

	In terms of who can post such things to this list?  Well, as one
of the core developers for Mailman, Chuq is one of the very few
people who can have an absolute say in that.

>  You're trying to establish something like ownership of security bugs.

	No, but Chuq certainly is one of the co-owners of this list, and
as a co-owner, he is one of the few people who gets to have the right
of determining what is/is not appropriate conduct on this list.

	If you fail to respect his wishes on this, you do so at your own peril.

	What people do on other lists is between them and the people who
own those lists.  What people do on this list is subject to the
requirements of the core developers.

	If people fail to respect those requirements, we may be forced to
take more drastic action on these lists.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>          Python.org Postmaster Team