[Mailman-Users] List name not displaying in Mailman archives

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Feb 23 10:31:05 CET 2005

At 11:03 AM -0600 2005-02-22, Carol Cronin wrote:

>  When I view threads in our Mailman archives, I cannot see exactly which list
>  the mail was sent to.  I have nested lists, and the mail may appear in both
>  archives.  I need to see exactly which email address was used in the thread
>  when I view the archives.

	Nested lists?  I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but the
only way I know of to see all of the original headers for the message
is to go to the archives and look in the unformatted 7th edition
mbox-format raw file, and take a look at them there.  Not all lists
make that available to their readers, and not all server admins make
that option available to their list administrators.

	As far as Mailman is concerned, it was posted to the list where
the message was included in the archive.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755