[Mailman-Users] name not defined

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Feb 27 03:38:57 CET 2005

Tzaia wrote:

>Is there any way to add the necessity for quotes to the documentation?
>The documentation suggests that you need to have an understanding of python syntax,
>when an example will work just as well for those of us who aren't programmers and don't
>plan to be.

Could you be more specific as to the documentation you're looking at.
The only documentation I'm aware of is the INSTALL document that is
part of the source distribution, the manual at
http://www.list.org/mailman-install/index.html (and mirrors) and the
Defaults.py file. Both of the former documents just tell you to check
the settings in Defaults.py and change them if necessary in mm_cfg.py.
The actual settings in Defaults.py have the quotes. So if you could
tell us what specifically led you astray and if it is under control of
the Mailman developers, we can try to get it fixed.