[Mailman-Users] digest only

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon Jan 3 06:03:58 CET 2005

On Dec 31, 2004, at 17:07, MichaelP wrote:

> Can mailman be configured by the owner to provide only digest service
> to subscribers and with posting privilege limited to the owner ?

I don't know of a way to limit a Mailman list to "digest-only",
although some kludges (like forcing all subscriptions to digest mode
and not allowing the user to change that bit) spring to mind.

Posting can be limited to specific people (and in the case of just a
single person, their frequency of posting would determine how often the
mailing list was dispatched even without digest only mode).
   <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/