[Mailman-Users] Mailman-SpamAssassin

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jan 4 18:58:33 CET 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, John Fleming wrote:

> I'm trying to use the Handler that integrates Mailman with SpamAssassin as
> described at http://www.jamesh.id.au/articles/mailman-spamassassin/ and
> referenced in the Mailman FAQ.  Although I'm a relative newbie, I am using a
> similar handler that integrates ClamAV with Mailman successfully.  However,
> I can't get the SA handler to work - Known spam gets delivered to the list
> as if SA was not involved at all.  Spamd is running and SA otherwise working
> fine with other non-list email  I have the python scripts SpamAssassin.py
> and spamd.py in the Mailman/Handlers directory with ownership list:list
> (works with clamav script) and have tried root:list.

Is there anything in the logs? I am running a similar setup and it is
working fine.

> My Mailman mm_cfg.py pertinent part looks like this:
>
> GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')
> #SPAMASSASSIN_HOST = 'my.domain.com'  <----tried with and without specifying
> the hostname
> #
> #  Scan messages for viruses using Clam AntiVirus
> GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'ClamScan')
> CLAMAV_DISCARD = 0
> CLAMAV_CLAMDSCANPATH = '/usr/bin/clamdscan'

About the same for me.

I additionally have:

SPAMASSASSIN_DISCARD_SCORE = 8
SPAMASSASSIN_HOLD_SCORE = 5
SPAMASSASSIN_MEMBER_BONUS = 42

> MTA is Postfix.  Linux is Debian Sarge (Testing).  I've googled myself

Exim on stable (but a recent mm from cvs).

logs/vette should show you discarded messages.

Cheers,
	Gerhard