[Mailman-Users] Reject post by user problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jan 6 02:20:46 CET 2005

Frank Cohen wrote:

>Hi Mailman Users: I maintain an open-source tool called TestMaker. I
>use MailMan 2.1.4 with Postfix. Over the years I have received messages
>from new users complaining that after they subscribe to a list they get
>rejection notices from Mailman when they go to post to a list. What
>steps should I take to resolve these complaints?

First get a copy of the reject notice and see what the reject reason is.

Lots of things can do this. For example:

default_member_moderation is Yes and member_moderation_action is Reject.

membership is validated on envelope sender (USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes
in mm_cfg.py) and the envelope sender is not equal to the subscribed
address.

Other possibilities too. Too many to guess without at least knowing the
reject reason.