[Mailman-Users] Tracking using Mailman

Adam Cripps kabads at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:07:16 CET 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:30:39 +0000, Chris Said
<chrissyboy2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of using Mailman to manage an email list but I need a
> additional feature that isn't available as standard. I will be using the
> system to send out a weekly email with information and some links to people
> who have joined the list. However, I need to be able to track how many
> people click through on the links and I need the process of setting up these
> tracking links to be pretty quick and easy. I suspect I will need to use a
> commercial option for this and of course don't mind paying for it but this
> really is the only extra functionality I need and the only options I have
> been able to find have so many other features and are hugely expensive. Some
> small app that bolts on to Mailman would be perfect if it exists! I was
> wondering if anyone here has any experience of a system that can do this
> that they could recommend?
>
> Many thanks for any suggestions you can make.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Said

I think it would be difficult to monitor the clicks within the mail
client, and so if I were you I would focus on monitoring the servers
that you link to (assuming that you have access to those servers). If
the mail client is 3rd party and the web servers are 3rd party, then
I'm guessing that you're not going to find this easy.

Adam
--
http://www.monkeez.org
GPG key: 7111B833