[Mailman-Users] add_members slow, very slow..

Karl Fogel kfogel at floss.red-bean.com
Sat Jan 8 01:07:36 CET 2005

"kalin mintchev" <kalin at el.net> writes:
> >> 7 hours now and counting... am i the only one on this list?!
> >
> > No, I think it just means no on has an answer for you.
> >
> > Have you tried putting some debugging prints into the code or
> > anything?
>
> no.. but will it help turning subscribe/unsubscribe notification off?
> less mail to write to the queue, right?
> does mailman wait for the mail to be sent to continue deleting or entering
> addresses from/in the list?!
>
> thanks.....

I'm sorry, I don't know the answers.

Sometimes when I've needed to debug Mailman, I've found it useful to
put in custom logging statements.  For example, in
/usr/lib/mailman/scripts/bounces, I'll put statements like

   print >> sys.stderr, _('KFF: reached here: %(listname)s')

Then I watch /var/lib/mailman/logs/bounces, to see which of my
statements get printed, and with what data.

It helps to know a little Python, but you don't need to know much.

Note the line

   LogStdErr('error', 'bounces')

at the top of the script.  The first part says to log standard error,
the second part says which logfile to use.  Each script has a line
like this near the top.

Hope this helps you debug,
-Karl