[Mailman-Users] Re: moderation hold not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 9 00:38:47 CET 2005

Alex Young wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:12:04 -0700, Alex Young <alexander.young at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a mailman installation that is processing all messages properly
>> excepting for held messages.
>>
>> On any list that I require message moderation for subscribed users,
>> the messages go no where.    The users also get no reply even though
>> Edit member_moderation_notice is populated.
>>
>> Non-subscriber messages are set to email an admin as well, but that
>> also is not working.
>>
>> Subscriptions that require approval are working as expected with email
>> announcements being send to moderators and administrators.
>>
>> I have looked in /var/log/mailman for errors, but none of the files
>> has been recently modified.
>>
>> I also checked my mail queue and verified that the messages are being
>> delivered to mailman.
>>

>Not to nag, but I still can't figure out whats wrong with the
>moderation system on my site.    Anyone have any ideas to try?

Evidently, neither can anyone else. Your lists appear to be behaving as
though member_moderation_action and generic_nonmember_action are set
to Discard, but I think/hope you would have checked these before
posting.

You say subscription approvals do go through to owners/moderators.
Moderation and nonmember holds are sent to owners/moderators in
exactly the same way, so presumably things that might affect this such
as the alias for the listname-owner address are all OK.