[Mailman-Users] News gateway mess up message-id

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 17 21:33:14 CET 2005

Jan Eri wrote:

>It seems that noone knows about this. Where should I take the problem if
>this list can't answer it?
>
>I have been able to locate several other reports of the same problem -
>but never a solution.

Look at the Python code in Mailman/Queue/NewsRunner.py

The changing of the Message-Id: is done intentionally for reasons
explained in a comment. You could easily change the code to not do
this, but you then might run into the issue mentioned in the comment.

The only question is why you don't see this always, since the code
seems to do it unconditionally.