[Mailman-Users] newbie has archiving issues, Is anyone out there farmiliar with it?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jan 18 08:32:51 CET 2005

At 12:46 AM +0000 2005-01-18, rcf175 at netzero.com wrote:

>  Hi; I've recently switched hosting providers and my NEW host provides
>  mailman lists, using plex 7.5.1. reloaded control panel...   Is anyone
>  familiar with it?    If you are please help me...

	In this case, you're most likely to be able to get help by
contacting your hosting provider.  We may be able to help with some
issues that have nothing to do with anything other than Mailman, but
the reality is that most things in Mailman are related to how it
interfaces to other programs or parts of the system, and we're not
going to be able to help you with any of those in this case.

>  I'd like to know how I can delete/edit the archives that will be created???

	Depending on what areas they allow you to access, you may or may
not have any control over this process.  Normally, all archives for
all Mailman-hosted mailing lists are stored under
/usr/local/mailman/lists, but this is a single shared area.  If they
allow you to create or delete files under this shared area, then
you'd probably be able to muck around with mailing lists owned by
other people, which is something your hosting provider would want to
prevent.

	So, you need to contact your hosting provider.

>  I've asked my hosting provider but apparently he's just as new to this
>  as I am.  He responded by stating that he's never used mailman mailing
>  lists, and suggested I check the forums, so here I am,

	Unfortunately, if he doesn't know, then there is not likely to be
anyone else that does.  Maybe he could contact the Plesk people and
they could help him, which would allow him to help you in turn.

	See also
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.015.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755