[Mailman-Users] Posted list messages not adding to archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 19 16:48:15 CET 2005

Jeffery Cann wrote:

>Here's the problem:  messages posted to the new lists (archive option
>is on -- I confirmed this tonight) do not get added to the archives.
>
>I'm thinking that I missed something when we did the move.
>
>The other change on the server (we went from a Redhat 5.2 box to FC3)
>was to move off send mail and onto postfix.  I'm not sure if this
>would affect this problem, as I thought the mailman program took care
>of updating archive files.

It may be a permissions problem on the archives somehow although if you
built the archive on the new system with "bin/arch --wipe <listname>",
it should be OK. If you didn't use "--wipe", try it again with that
option.

Also check the Mailman error log and see if the messages are in the
shunt queue (if so, run bin/unshunt to get them out after the problem
is resolved).