[Mailman-Users] mm_cfg.py and Creating new lists

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Jan 20 03:37:08 CET 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 02:19, Pantejo, Barbara FTL wrote:

> Also, the hostname, listman.citco.com, is listed in the hosts file
> with its
> associated IP address, 120.120.2.213.
>
> I can, successfully, create new mailing lists, locally, on the mailman
> server itself with this URL:   http://listman.citco.com/mailman/create
> but, when I bring up a browser on another machine and use the same
> URL, I
> get the following error:   "The page cannot be displayed"

For the other machine to know about 'listman.citco.com', you will
either need to add it to your DNS or add it to the hosts file on the
machine (and every other machine that needs to lookup
listman.citco.com).  This is a DNS issue, not something directly
related to Mailman.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/