[Mailman-Users] Re: Where is 'reject' message stored

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Mon Jan 24 15:24:26 CET 2005

> * Jon Carnes <wbap at ap.ee.pbz> [2003-10-24 00:10:39 -0400]:
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 23:10, Warren Hoffman wrote:
>> One of my associates set up content filters to reject attachments and other
>> things. He created a custom message to explain this. Now he wants to change
>> the message, but I cannot locate which file in /mailman holds the text (and
>> I did look at all of them). Can somebody tell me how I could find it. I do
>> know text fragments.
>
> for i in `find /var/mailman/ -type f` do; grep -H "fragment" $i; done
>
> This will search through every file in every subdirectory of
> /var/mailman and look for the word "fragment". If it finds a match, it
> prints out the files name.

"grep -r .... /usr/lib/mailman/" finds Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py which
appear to hard-code the rejection messages.

Feature request:

1. for "class SuspiciousHeaders": optionally add the name and the value
   of the suspicious header to the rejection message. the moderator then
   can remove it if he wants to, but it gives him valuable fedback on
   which rules trigger.

2. for all rejection messages, allow a common custom explanation.
   e.g., I find it very inconvenient to have to insert
   "See <http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#rejected> for details."
   after each rejection message.

Thanks!

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?