[Mailman-Users] rmlist does not work on lists with a spaceinthe name

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 30 21:22:31 CET 2005

John Fleming wrote:

>Please explain before I end up doing the same things...  I don't see why you
>should have to resort to manually deleting directories.

At one time (in versions 2.0.x and earlier I think) it was possible to
create a list with one or more spaces in the name. I don't think such
a list would work because of the space(s) in the list addresses, but
it could have been created. It is not possible to create such a list
with current Mailman versions, but if one still exists it probably
needs to be deleted by manually removing whatever exists among the
following list of directories and symlinks

lists/<listname>/
archives/private/<listname>/
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/
archives/public/<listname>/