[Mailman-Users] Messages don't getting distributed (2.1.6)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 1 18:13:28 CEST 2005

Fernando Schapachnik wrote:

>En un mensaje anterior, Mark Sapiro escribió:
>> It appears that this list has a header defined (msg_header) and that
>> header contains the 0xf3 character (small letter O with acute accent).
>
>Great, will try, thanks. Aren't latin1 chars supposed to be used in headers? I was under the impression that they were legal there.

I believe it depends on the list language in this case. If the list's
preferred language is English, the character set is us-ascii. If it is
one of most other languages including Spanish, the character set is
one of the iso-8859-* sets.

If this list's preferred language is English, changing it to Spanish
may also solve the problem if this is acceptable.